While any itinerary is going to be subject to minor modifications to take into account local conditions, the weather, and other factors outside of our control, the following will give you a guide as to what we will be doing and when.
This is for a seven-day trip from Saturday to Saturday, and assumes flying into Agadir Airport, which will be our starting point for the overland expedition.
We will have seven days in Morocco, which is plenty to allow you to see the country in a way that the average tourist would never be able to.
You will fly out of Marrakesh Airport back to the United Kingdom
· Stay overnight at Hotel Relais Des Sables
· Leaving the hotel, we’ll drive a short distance on tarmac, before driving off piste in an Easterly direction.
We will wild camp overnight in desert dunes, and begin to take in the beauty of the Saharan Sky
· We will continue to travel off-road, cross the dried Lac Iriki, and traverse the dunes of Chigaga to reach our overnight destination
· We will stay overnight at the Kasbah Hotel Sahara Sky, complete with its own star gazing observatory, at Tamegroute. We will ensure the day is not a long one and we arrive fresh, the opportunity to spend an hour or more of in depth cosmology with Fritz Gerd Koring, the Patron, is not to be missed.
· After a leisurely start, we will continue our journey East. Having climbed mountain passes, we will end the day in a natural bowl in the dunes and wild camp,
· We will continue in the soft sand towards Erg Chebbhi
· Arriving early afternoon in Chebbhi, there will be plenty of opportunity for camel ride excursions, visit the Transport Museum, or simply relaxing at the foot of the magnificent red dunes of Chebbhi
· We will stay overnight in a traditional bivouac/Berber camp
· Stay overnight at a small family hotel ‘Le Amis’ at altitude towards the top of Todra Gorge.
· Continue north, before traversing the high gorge to gorge off road track, before descending down the famous Dades Gorge
· We’ll drive towards Ouarzazate, staying overnight in a stunning hotel and adjacent to many a famous film set.
· After a tour of the film set’s after breakfast, we will drive the mountain Road from Ouarzazate to Marrakesh, before your evening flight out. As the vehicles and the team will be staying in Marrakesh themselves this evening, you will be more then welcome to join us if you don't wish to leave immediately.